Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Top

Spring is here,so its almost time to put away the winter coats and jumpers. Time for a new Spring top.
I used my latest vintage pattern find, its from 1979, and only cost 50c.


I made the view with the short sleeves. I had to alter it slightly.


I put a zip in the back instead of buttons, cos I still cant do a buttonhole. And its driving me mad. The pattern was too large also and the sleeves were huge when I first attached them. So seam ripper was used to take them out, and I cut them smaller and re-attached them.



The fabric was last used here, I didnt add the bow on the front I just used some self bias binding. Will I wear it, thats the question? Or will it end up in the pile of unworn items I've made, only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I hate ripping stitches!

    I love the sleeves and the length you chose... I would completely wear this kind of top with a red or navy circle dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think a circle dress would look great with it too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see why you shouldn't wear it! It looks great and so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails